Salesforce information movement is characterized as the way toward moving Salesforce information to different stages where required. The movement is a chance to purge the information and the information ought to show the accompanying qualities:
Complete – All important subtleties ought to be contained for all clients.
Relevant – What the data needs ought to be incorporated.
Accuracy – Details contained ought to be exact.
Timeliness – Data should be accessible when you need it.
Availability – Data ought to be open at whatever point we need it.
Validity – Correct arrangement required.
Reliability – Data ought to contain genuine data.
Uniqueness – No record copies should exist.
To accomplish these norms, the information regularly should be in a solitary vault where it turns out to be anything but difficult to refresh, approve and back up the information. Accordingly, it bodes well to perform Salesforce movement to make a solitary store of information. There are various ways by which Salesforce information can be moved however the cycle requires numerous aptitudes over a scope of controls. Information on Salesforce data set administration frameworks and interfacing innovations is additionally an unquestionable requirement. The cycle requires tolerance and appropriate consideration to relocate substantial measures of Salesforce information.
Interesting points Before You Move Data with Salesforce Migration
- User planning is significant before you start. You ought to plainly comprehend that how the client IDs of the current framework coordinate those of new framework. It is basic to ensure that the record proprietorship is set up accurately in the new framework.
- Revisit the association wide defaults and existing profiles. These are establishments of security and safe Salesforce relocation.
- Make sure that you have several licenses accessible for the old occasion for a couple of months after the cut over date. In the event that after movement you face any issues, you can go to the old occurrence and research the issues.
- Keep watch on the space you are devouring. At the point when you move extra information to a framework it is imperative to think about space. Request that your Salesforce delegate purchase additional room in the new framework.
- It is critical to consider the request for addition when you embed records in another framework. For instance, you embed accounts first and afterward all the contacts so the connections between these two articles are set appropriately.
- It is critical to design out the Salesforce relocation first so the clients are very much educated about the cut-off date and potential issues which may happen. It is a smart thought to have pilot clients test the movement for some time frame.
- Before you reveal the example to other people, be set up to perform testing as a designer and perform mental soundness testing straightforwardly with Salesforce.
Salesforce information relocation is a significant assignment required for giving compelling information answers for an association. It must be performed cautiously without influencing the nature of information in the framework.
Data Migration Steps From Sandbox to Production
There are two methods to Migrate data from Sandbox to Production.
1) Data export from Sandbox and Import in Production
When you’ve characterized which technique is ideal for Import or Export, get familiar with the best practices for sorting out and afterward relocating the information.
1. Identify the data you want to migrate
Choose which Objects to migrate.
For example, decide whether to migrate only the Contact information from each Account or only migrate the Account information from a particular division.
2. Create templates for the data
a. Create an excel template for each Object using a data export from Data Loader (use the export file as your template).
b. Since Objects have mandatory relationships which dictate the order of data migration, identify the required fields for each Object. For more, please review Considerations for Relationships.
Example: Always migrate Users first, then Accounts, then Opportunities.
Utilize the Data Loader wizards to add, change, or delete records. The upsert wizard joins embeddings and refreshing a record. On the off chance that a record in your document coordinates a current record, the current record is refreshed with the qualities in your record. In the event that no match is discovered, another record is made. At the point when you hard-erase records, the erased records are not put away in the Recycle Bin and are qualified for erasure. For more data, see Configure Data Loader.
1) Open the Data Loader.
2) Click Insert, Update, Upsert, Delete, or Hard Delete. These commands are also listed in the File menu.
3) Enter your Salesforce username and secret word. To sign in, click Log in. At the point when you are signed in, click Next. (Until you log out or close the program, you are not approached to sign in once more.)
In the event that your association limits IP addresses, logins from untrusted IPs are hindered until they’re initiated. Salesforce consequently sends you an initiation email that you can use to sign in. The email contains a security token that you add to the furthest limit of your secret key. For instance, if your secret key is mypassword, and your security token is XXXXXXXXXX, you should enter mypasswordXXXXXXXXXX to sign in.
4) Choose an article. For instance, in the event that you are embeddings Account records, select Account. In the event that your item name doesn’t show in the default list, select Show all items to see a total rundown of the articles that you can get to. The articles are recorded by confined mark name, with the designer name noted in brackets.
5) To choose your CSV record, click Browse. For instance, in the event that you are embedding Account records, you could indicate a CSV document called insertaccounts.csv containing a Name section for the names of the new records.
6) Click Next. After the item and CSV record are introduced, click OK.
7) If you are playing out an upsert, your CSV document must contain a section of ID esteems for coordinating against existing records. The segment is either an outer ID (a custom field with the External ID property) or ID (the Salesforce record ID).
a. From the dropdown list, select which field to use for coordinating. On the off chance that the article has no outside ID fields, ID is utilized. Snap Next to proceed.
b. If your document incorporates the outer IDs of an item that has a relationship to your picked object, empower that outside ID for record coordinating by choosing its name from the dropdown list. In the event that you make no determination, you can utilize the connected article’s ID field for coordinating by planning it in the subsequent stage. Snap Next to proceed.
8) Define how the sections in your CSV document guide to Salesforce fields. To choose a current field planning, click Choose an Existing Map. To make or adjust a guide, click Create or Edit a Map. Snap Next.
9) For every activity, the Data Loader produces two special CSV log documents. One document name begins with “achievement,” and different beginnings with “mistake.” Click Browse to indicate a catalog for these records.
10) To finish the activity, click Finish, and afterward click Yes to affirm. As the activity continues, an advancement data window reports the status of the information development.
11) To see your prosperity or mistake records, click View Successes or View Errors. To close the wizard, click OK.
3. Populate your formats
Audit your information before populating it in the format.
For instance: Load one record, check the outcomes, at that point load all records.
4. Set up the objective organization
Consider making custom fields to store any inheritance ID data. For additional, it would be ideal if you audit Create Custom Fields.
Discretionary: Give the custom field the “Outside ID” property so it will be ordered. This will help keep up connections and assist you with building custom reports for information approval.
Make custom fields to store information contained in non-standard fields in the old association. For instance, if your old association put away a Home Phone for your Users, consider making that custom field in the new Organization as well.
5. Approve the information
Utilize these methods to approve your movement:
- Create custom reports to approve record checks and give a general preview of movement.
- Spot check the information.
- Review special case reports to perceive what information was not relocated.
2) Change Sets
Use change sets to send customizations starting with one Salesforce organization then onto the next. For instance, you can make and test another article in a sandbox organization, at that point send it to your creation organization utilizing a change set. Change sets can contain just alterations you can make through the Setup menu. For instance, you can’t utilize a change set to transfer a rundown of contact records. Change sets contain data about the organization. They don’t contain information, for example, records.
At the point when you need to send customizations from your current organization to another organization, make an outbound change set. When you send the change set, the getting organization considers it to be an inbound change set.
Sending a change set between two organizations requires an arrangement association. Change sets must be sent between organizations that are associated with a creation organization. For instance, a creation organization and a sandbox, or two sandboxes made from the equivalent organization can send or get change sets.
Make and transfer a change set in your source sandbox association
- Log in to your sandbox.
- Navigate to Setup and enter the change set into the Quick Find box.
- Click Outbound Change Set
- Click New.
- Enter the new Change Set name and portrayal, at that point click Save.
- From the “Change Set Components” related rundown, click Add.
- Add profiles to the Change Set for the Users you’d prefer to give access.
- Select the “Segment Type” for the part you need to convey (for instance, Apex class, Apex Trigger).
- Select the particular class or trigger name, at that point click Add to Change Set.
- From the “Change Set Detail” related rundown, click Upload, at that point select the objective association as Production.
- Click Upload.
Complete the arrangement in your objective creation association
- Login to the objective association.
- Navigate to Setup and enter Change Set into the Quick Find box.
- Click Inbound Change Sets.
- Under “Change Sets Awaiting Deployment,” click your Change Set’s name.
- Click Validate to approve the parts. Note: For fruitful arrangement you ought to have in any event 75% code inclusion.
- Click Deploy.
When you have a fruitful approval, rehash the above advances and pick Deploy on stage 5 to finish the organization of your Change Set.