- With Lightning Sales Console we can play with sales tools with a great ease, such as with prospect leads, close deals, and manage and customize it as per the use-case.
EXPLORING SALES CONSOLE:
- As we can see here, in the above picture sections are numbered to easily explore the sales console.
- Whenever we open a sales console, we are able to traverse through all standard as well as custom objects. In this example, we have a custom object called an Employee.
- Here, a record is displayed. Its details are displayed here. It displays the page layout of that particular record. It even covers all system information like, record owner, created time etc.
- This is the Related tab. Here we can see all the related lists that we created for that object and record.
- It has other options too like creating a new case, deleting records, editing it, changing owner, changing record type, printable view etc. This basically allows doing all the editing stuff regarding records and objects.
- It is an easy navigation through all the related lists created for that object. Related lists allow us to filter out certain records and display it to users as per their use-cases.
- History tab provides a traversal through our recent activities that we do with the sales console.
UTILIZING AND CUSTOMIZING SALES CONSOLE:
- Sales Console provides an immense benefit to business use-cases. Users can create custom objects and handle it in various ways using a sales console.
- Also we can add tags of our custom objects to these apps as it provides an ease while inserting records into the custom objects.
- With a business use-case perspective, users can create and customize their own apps using app manager and again manage it here in a sales console.
In the picture below, a custom app is created with the name ‘Payroll System’. Further it can be utilised for maintaining payrolls of all employees in employee objects.
Likewise, we can use a sales console for business use-cases as per demand of clients.
In nutshell, a sales console is perfect with utilisation perspective for sales and marketing people. Multiple applications can be used by these agents to keep the context of cases as per use-case of business.
From the perspective of developers, they can solve unique business problems with the features and components provided by a sales console. They can use Salesforce Console API to add third-party integrations.